Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Make-up!



I applied for my MAC Pro card last week! This is big news! It means I get to purchase MAC products at a discount....an advantage of being "in the field". I am so excited. I will get my card in a few weeks, but I did get to purchase items that day, with the discount. I exercised restraint, but did pick up a few brushes I have been coveting...


The 217 Blending Brush

 217 Blending Brush

The 168 Large Angled Contour Brush

 168 Large Angled Contour Brush

And I am also now obsessed with the blush recommended by one of my favorite beauty bloggers, Amy, at http://www.makeupandbeauty.ie/

She recommended M.A.C.'s Springsheen, and I have been loving it this past month. I layer it over Benefit's Posietint, and am constantly asked what I am wearing on my cheeks. I love it because it looks good whether or not I have a tan.

I am still searching for the secret to taking better self-portraits so that I can share different looks with you. I don't know if it's my camera, the way I hold my giant head, or the fact that I have small eyes, but I never can take a good shot! So, until I figure that out.....here goes nothing!







Once I get the hang of better pictures, I start posting some how-to tutorials!

My other current favorite product is Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl! It came out last month and I am sooooo enjoying how it gives my skin a glow!!

girl meets pearl

It is a "liquid pearl for face", basically, a golden-pink highlighter that I have been using on cheekbones and cheeks, and down the center of the nose and a bit on the forehead. So pretty and girly!

I am just starting to get excited for fall make-up....a return to jewel tones and smooth, matte luminous skin. I will have to think up some fun new looks!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, here's what I want to know... what do you do for your brows? I currently use ULTA's "brunette" brow pencil, but it never looks quite right. Suggestions? Your brows are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! I will add a Benefit brow kit to the goodies I am bringing you. I love the Brow Zings. And if you ever feel like a trip to the city, a Benefit brow experience is on me!! You can visit me at work before you go back to your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop making me jealous getting this new stuff.

    Guess what I am doing.

    Selling ALL my stamping stuff to get money for makeup stuff. All of it. $3800 worth of stuff, priced at $2200. Here's hoping I sell it all.

    And I love my BrowZings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia, that sounds like a great idea!!! I would love to stop by and visit you at work! I have three weeks of leave left... let's make a date!! In the meantime, can't wait to see you on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete