Monday, September 27, 2010

Dove Damage Therapy Color Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

By request! A review on budget-friendly hair care for colored hair.

As you have seen by now, I am a bit obsessed with hair care. I do not mind spending money on quality products. However, a friend pointed out that not everyone wants to shell out big bucks to have good hair. If that sounds like you, and you have color-treated hair, meet your new friends!



At under $5/each for a 12 0z bottle, this product is a steal. I have been using it for a week now and my hair looks great-healthy, shiny, but not weighed down. I have tried other drugstore brands and had poor results. Many will coat the hair follicles, making it hard to hold a style. This is especially true of those green bottles that start with a G, and the other well-known drugstore brand that starts with a P. I am sure you know what I am talking about. STAY AWAY!

I have also had Dove recommended to me by two wonderful hair stylists. They wouldn't go on the record, but one confessed she used this when she wanted her hair to smell good for her honey, and the other whispered that this is the only drugstore brand worth trying.

Dove claims this shampoo/conditioner combo is superior because they contain micro-moisture serum and fiber actives, which reportedly "penetrate to help reconstruct hair from within". Although I haven't tried any complicated hair styles since using these, my everyday blowout looks good and I am happy with the results. I do find I have to use a bit more of this product than salon brands, because salon brands tend to be more concentrated, but still, this is a bargain and I would recommend it to anyone with color-treated hair.

Have any of you used other Dove hair products and enjoyed them?

3 comments:

  1. My hair's pretty fried from all the coloring/straightening so I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Dove products!! I've never tried the haircare products, but will after this-- I have crazy curly hair that is fried from dye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who G and P are! Help!

    ReplyDelete