Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Auf Wiedersehen




I have been brushing up my German lately, meaning I spent one hour on Sunday with my new computer course I borrowed from a friend. The only thing that has stuck in my head is "Tasse und Untertasse" which means cup and saucer. I will keep practicing. I also have arranged for a conversation buddy. Once I am a little more proficient, I will have coffee dates with the music professor who frequents Tre K, and he will get me back to being conversant.




In that spirit, here is what we are having for dinner tonight--Thuringer! I went to the darling deli up the street and got a bunch of sausages which P-funk is going to grill with peppers, and which will then be devoured with mustard and beer! Das schmekt gut!


So, for any of you German speakers, want to help? Send me a message or leave a comment auf Deutsch. I would love the practice! And while it's easy to make German sausage at home, and somewhat do-able to re-learn German, I will leave you with the best German export there is....
...with the understanding that to acheive this level of gemutlichkeit (and by that I mean freakin' hotness) I should probably consume less sausage and beer and make more like Hans and Franz. Ach! Bis morgen!




3 comments:

  1. Das Unterhosen! Ja!

    Um, really I don't know much German except how to say funny things.

    That dinner sounds incredible. I am very jealous! "P-Funk" is a lucky man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should hang out with my brother...his wife is straight outta Vaterstetten! She used to yell at him when he'd speak German to her, because she wanted to practice English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tricia! This is a blog you might like:
    http://50percentdna.blogspot.com/
    Larkin 2006 graduate currently living in Germany.

    ReplyDelete